Tuesday, October 8, 2013

1st Grader Printmaking - FOLLOW UP #1

It. Was. Awesome.  

I had the students just splash some watercolor paint on a 6"x 6" PVC plate.  I need to pop the darker colors out of the palettes (side note) - I didn't tell them what it was for or give them any prompts.  Some tried to paint a picture, some went all in and splashed color everywhere.  We did this exercise last thing on a Friday so they could leave the plate to dry over the weekend.  

The next class we pulled the prints.  They all had to crank the press themselves and we we pulled the print off the plate the color explosion was magical.  I think they enjoyed it and I could really see the wheels turning in their eyes.  I plan on repeating this lesson a few more times through the year and see if they can apply what they have learned.  

One example:  
(I will post more once they are off the display wall and digitally archived)


No comments:

Post a Comment