Thursday, October 19, 2017

INKTOBER 14.15 - Andrew WYETH (Y-eth) 100 years. Watercolor god of god gods, and egg tempura (yum, not)

It may have been the root canal, but I feel WAAAAAAAY better. 
 I really love Andrew Wyeth.  Some say his work is cold and lonely. I say peaceful and full of emotion.  There's an exhibit at SAM through early next year (2018). see it if you can.  It's accessible work.  See if you can make a story from the image with your kids.  

ALso- I have always hated ballpoint for writing...and drawing.  And the hatching technique just exposed my laziness. But I was inspired by a Russian/Seattle artist whose ballpoint work (sketches) made me say, "I want to do THAT." Katrina something something...I can't find a link right now.

These stink, really, in person.  I bought a Rotring Rapid Pro and replace the OE ink tank for an easyFLOW Schmidt. so smooth.  I can go on.... 


Didn't know he had stamps!!!!  -------->

 

I always hated the sheen from the ink....

SEE??!!  Bugging me, even made a note about it.  and seriously fucked up spelling.  Maybe I do have a tumor. Would explain away things for lazy-brained people.

More ballpoint practice....


No comments:

Post a Comment