Friday, October 3, 2014

Inktober - 01.02

OK - Thanks to Katie Ericson for inviting her circle of friends to this event.  Basically, you do an ink drawing everyday for the month of October, for more info go here, Inktober. - I'm already behind. I have slacked a bit since school ended and have not drawn much so my arm is a bit like concrete and someone (me thinks Mare-Bear) has rearranged my workflow of tools.  and now Stella has realized what can happen with a pen...anyway.  -Also, someone was punching buttons on our printer/scanner like it was a piano earlier so I will be scanning via iPhone for awhile ;)  - Michele's sleeping on the couch right now.

I did a little research and some folks adopt a theme of tell a story, many develop characters, cartoons.  I don't do that, I do envy their line work, imaginations and ability to make me want to crawl into the page.

I'm going to try and theme my Inktober around my current town of residence, Renton, WA.  Some will be notable others will not.

Jimi Hendrix was born and raised here.  He is also buried just a hop-skip from my house.  My first work is a Beaux Arts montage of some granite plates located at his new-ish mausoleum.  For the longest time he had a simple headstone.





No comments:

Post a Comment